Saturday, August 7, 2010

There's A First Time For Everything


I met with a friend to discuss the types of cookies she wanted for her sister-in-law's baby shower. I showed her all the cutters that I had, which proved to be a bit overwhelming. I think my binge shopping trend has shifted from shoes to cookie cutters! However, we did manage to narrow the designs down to 4; carriages, onsies, ducks, and blocks. I didn't have a block cookie cutter, but I thought 'how hard would it be to make a square, right?' Well...

In the process of drawing up some design ideas, I realized the blocks were not going to be as simple as cutting a square out of dough. It could have been, but come on, a 3D block is way cuter than a 2D square! I needed to make a template. After a mini panic (which usually happens when I realize I'm not as prepared as I thought I was. Any of you reading this who know me are well aware of my need for things to be organized and planned!), I focused and was able to generate a decent template out of card stock. Then, with a sharp knife, I was able to cut out the block design from the dough. I have to say, I like my results! Ok, so a cube may not be the most difficult shape to recreate, but it's a start!

I added some more pictures from this order to my flickr page, check them out. The onsies are my favorites, I love adding designs to them! There is also a picture of my most delicious chocolate chip cookies, my mouth is watering just looking at them. I'm glad I made some extras for me and my husband!

1 comment:

  1. Your cookies are spectacular...because you are! I especially love the onesies!
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete